As you and your team begin to prepare your routine and skills for the competition\exhibition, we would like to remind you of the chief purpose of Cheer For A Cure® events: To raise funds in an effort to impact the lives of those who have been touched by cancer. As the nation’s largest grassroots network of cheerleaders, coaches, and supporting fans, we are striving to prevent cancer, save lives, and increase quality of life by funding research, education, advocacy, and service.
Numerous awards are offered to performing cheerleaders and coaches at an official Cheer For A Cure ® competition or exhibition. Besides trophies, top fundraisers are able to win iPads, iPods, iTunes Gift Cards and more!
- Personal Fundraising
- Lead by example and create your fundraising page.
- Awesome Prizes
- View a list of prizes offered at this year’s events.
- Donation Support
- Download Donation Forms and Donation Cards
Donations at Sporting Events
You can raise donations doing various activities at the sporting event.
- Dash For Cash – during a gametimeout or half time, an announcement is made and a money song is playing while cheerleaders take buckets and run around trying to get donations fromspectators.
- Free Throw Shootout – each spectator can pay $1/shot and receives $2 back if they make the shot.
- 50/50 Raffle – Named for the way funds are disbursed. Purchase 50/50 double stub tickets from a local store. Sell each ticket for $1 or sell 10 for $5. The winner collects half of the cash collected from the sale of tickets.
- Bake Sale, Glow Sticks Sale, etc.
- Purchase official CFAC Wristbands at a discounted price and resell them for a profit.
Writing a Personal Letter
We provide some examples in the email solicitation you can send to donors, but sometimes donors want to hear your personal story and see it in an actual letter. Sometimes personal hard copy letters can be very powerful. If you would like to write a personal letter, please feel free to include any information from the Cheer For A Cure ® site.
Design a goal thermometer or pledge sheet for others to view at your office.